Where to Find 2019 Pliny the Younger in Colorado
In an age when names like Assassin, CBS, Duck Duck Gooze, Hunahpu and Medianoche are uttered with extreme reverence among craft beer fanatics, Russian River Brewing‘s Pliny the Younger still manages to carry the same clout and cult following well over a decade after its debut.
The highly sought-after Triple IPA featuring Amarillo, Azacca, Centennial, Chinook, Crystal, Idaho 7, Simcoe, Tomahawk and Warrior hops, was re-released last week at Russian River’s Santa Rosa location and will begin seeing limited availability outside of California in Oregon, Colorado, and Philadelphia beginning the week of February 9th. Additionally, with the opening Russian River’s new Windsor location, Colorado will see a slight bump in allocations to on-premise retail locations.
Elite Brands, which distributes Russian River Brewing products in Colorado, was kind enough to share the complete list of venues that will carry this cult status hop bomb in 2019. Dates and times have yet to be announced for each premise, however, we’ll be sure to update that information in the coming days as information develops.
Each year, Natalie and Vinnie Cilurzo, the co-founders of Russian River, organize a fundraiser around the release of Pliny the Younger called “All Hopped Up For The Cure”, to benefit a local breast cancer support organization in their hometown of Santa Rosa, California.
For the fourth year in a row, Elite Brands will follow in the footsteps of Natalie and Vinny Cilurzo by raising funds and awareness towards breast cancer support with their version of the “All Hopped Up For A Cure” fundraiser. Once again, Elite Brands will be donating proceeds made from sales on Pliny the Younger to Sense of Security, a local breast cancer support organization, and they’ve asked retailers receiving Pliny the Younger to do the same. Last year’s fundraiser brought in $8,000 to ultimately help people living with breast cancer and experiencing financial hardship.
Current locations are final, and we’ll have more information shortly on release dates, times, and ticketing info shortly from the following accounts, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back over the next two weeks. Here’s what we know thus far:
Where to Find Pliny the Younger in Colorado
- Homegrown Tap & Dough – Tuesday, February 19 – Tickets available at 4:30pm, Tapping at 5:30pm. $20 minimum for each person purchasing a ticket.
- Backcountry Pizza & Tap House –
- Wednesday, February 13 at 5pm
- Sunday, February 17 at 1pm
- Rueben’s Burger Bistro – Thursday, February 21 at 7pm
- Parry’s Pizza – Southglenn – Saturday, February 16th – Doors 10am, Tapping 12pm. Breakfast pizzas available.
- Brewer’s Republic Tap House – Wednesday, February 20 – Lottery tickets will be handed out at 5pm and will be tapping the keg at 6pm.
- Bull & Bush– Available week of February 13
- Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen – February 18, Tapping time at 11:30am
- Falling Rock Tap House –
- Saturday, February 9th – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
- Sunday, February 10th – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
- Saturday, February 16th – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
- Sunday February 17th – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
- Saturday, February 23rd – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
Tickets will be handed out on a first come first serve basis. Each glass of PtY sold at Falling Rock will raise $3 for Sense of SecurityFor more info read details of Falling Rock’s Pliny Release.
- Finn’s Manor – Thursday, February 21, Tapping at 5pm
- Fire on the Mountain – Wednesday, February 20. Doors at 11am, Tapping at 2pm
- Freshcraft – Friday, February 15 – Tickets available beginning at 5pm, tapping at 5:30pm. Each ticket guarantees at lease one pour. $1/pour of PtY will go to Sense of Security. Freshcraft will also be tapping Blind Pig, Pliny the Elder, STS Pilsner and Supplication.
- Goed Zuur – Wednesday, February 20, Tapping time TBA
- Hops & Pie – Tuesday, February 19, Tickets at 11:30am, Tapping at 1:30pm
- Park & Co. – TBA
- Walter’s303 Pizzeria & Publik House – Thursday, February 14th. Will also be tapping STS Pils, Damnation, Blind Pig and Pliny the Elder during the event.
- Barrels & Bottles Brewery – Sunday, February 17 – Tickets released at 11am, Tapping at 1pm all tickets must be redeemed by 5pm.
- Parry’s Pizzeria And Bar – Saturday, February 23rd – Doors 10am, Tapping 12pm. Breakfast pizzas available.
- Lucky Pie Pizza – Saturday, March 3, Tapping time TBA
- Murphy’s Tap House – Wednesday, February 20, Tapping time TBA
- Parry’s Pizza – Sunday, February 17th – Doors 10am, Tapping 12pm. Breakfast pizzas available.
- Boathouse Cantina – Tuesday, February 12.
- The Barley Tap and Tavern– Wednesday, February 13 at 5:30pm