2017 Guide to Finding Pliny the Younger in Colorado
In an age when cult beers have grown to become more and more plentiful. The standard bearer that still moves the needle when it comes to the zenith of release hype begins and ends with Russian River’s Russian River Brewing‘s Pliny the Younger.
The highly sought after triple IPA, will return once again in limited availability beginning the week of February 11th. Elite Brands, which distributes Russian River Brewing products in Colorado was kind enough to share the complete list of venues that will carry this cult status juicy hop bomb. Dates and times have yet to be announced for each premise, however we’ll be sure to update that information in the coming days as information develops.
Each year, Natalie and Vinnie Cilurzo, the co-founders of Russian River, organize a fundraiser around the release of Pliny the Younger called “All Hopped Up For The Cure”, to benefit a local breast cancer support organization in their hometown of Santa Rosa, California. For the third year in a row, Elite Brands will follow in the footsteps of Natalie and Vinny Cilurzo by raising funds and awareness towards breast cancer support with their version of the “All Hopped Up For A Cure” fundraiser. Once again, Elite Brands will be donating all proceeds made from sales on Pliny the Younger to Sense of Security, a local breast cancer support organization. Last year’s fundraiser brought in $6,056 to ultimately help people living with breast cancer and experiencing financial hardship.
Where to Find Pliny the Younger in Colorado
- Backcountry Pizza & Tap House – Sunday, February 12 – Doors open at 10am. Handing out guaranteed tickets first, any extras will allow second pours. Will also feature full lineup of hoppy rarities.
- Rueben’s Burger Bistro – Wednesday, February 15th. Tapping at 7:30pm
- Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen – Monday, February 20th at 11:30 pm
- Falling Rock Tap House – Saturday, February 11 – Saturday, February 18 & Sunday February, 19th. All 3 tappings will be at 1pm with doors opening at 11am
- Freshcraft – Thursday, February 16 at 6pm. 6 oz pours for $8 with $2 going to support Sense of Security. Tickets to guarantee a pour will be distributed beginning at 5:30pm with approximately 95 tickets available.
- Hops & Pie – Tuesday, February 21st. Doors open at 11:30am, Tapping at 1:30pm
- Park & Co. – Friday, February 17th. Tickets on sale beginning 2/13. Tapping 2/17 4:00pm
- World of Beer – Cherry Creek – Saturday, February 25 tapping for loyalty members at 11am, and open to the public at Noon
- Choice City Butcher & Deli – Monday, February 13. Tickets go on sale at 11am, beer taps at 4pm. $1 from each beer sold goes to charity.
- The Mayor of Old Town – TBA
- Oskar Blues Homemade Liquids and Solids – Saturday, February 25. Wristband can be purchased between 9-11am for $12 (limit one per person). Wristband holders can return later that day between 1-6pm to redeem for one 10oz pour.
- Parry’s Pizzeria And Bar – Saturday, February 25 at 10am, must be an Ale Yeah Club member to receive a ticket.
- Patrick’s Irish Pub – Thursday, February 23 at 5pm and 50% of entire day’s sales will support Sense of Security.
- Lucky Pie Pizza – Saturday, February 25th. Tickets available at 11:00am. Tapping at1:00pm