Guide to New Year’s Eve Parties at Chicago Craft Breweries
New Year’s Eve is a time for renewal, a time for hope. And, a time for beer and drinks. Don’t miss out on some of Chicago’s best craft-brewery NYE events. Each one invites drinkers to have some food, beer, fun activities and, of course, a midnight countdown. This summary gives you the scoop, but we encourage you to click on the links to read some of the finer print.
Here’s to 2019!
Burnt City Brewing & Bowling | “The Last Waltz” New Year’s Eve Celebration!
Includes collaboration with Around the Bend Beer Co. and Bold Dog Beer
This is it! The last act, the grand finale, the final bow, the swan song, the Last Waltz! It’s the last NYE party Burnt City will ever throw at its Lincoln Ave. Brewpub & Bowling Alley.
“Drinking, bowling, great dancing, bad dancing. What more could you ask for?”
- Premium bar package (all draft beer, cider, wine, and liquor)
- Appetizers and small bites
- Champagne toast at midnight
- Specialty beers
Special Beers & Collaborations Include:
Burnt City Brewing x Bold Dog Beer Co. Pomegranate Key Lime Sparkling Ale
Crisp, fruity and tart, this collaboration with Bold Dog is vibrant and crushable.
Burnt City Brewing x Around the Bend Beer Co. Hazy Rum Oak IPA
Burnt City teamed up with Around the Bend and brewed a hazy IPA with a twist. Vic Secret, Ekuanot, and Citra drop a tropical pineapple hop bomb, while contact with rum-soaked oak leads to a mildly boozy tiki cocktail finish.
Burnt City Brewing T-Rex Hugs
An old funky favorite returns to the Burnt City pub! This beer has a delightfully funky farmhouse nose with apricot notes and a fruit wine finish.
Burnt City Brewing Dry-Hopped Tropical Brett Ale
Brewed with Citra and Cashmere hops and Brett C, this light ale is full of fun, warm-weather flavors to take you out of your winter funk.
Forbidden Root | New Year’s Eve Extravaganza
For the first time, Forbidden Root will ring in the new year by hosting a special, ticketed New Year’s Eve event.
- Forbidden Root commemorative glass
- Gift bags
- Rare and specialty beers from Forbidden Root and Friends
- Call liquor and specialty cocktails
- Full buffet of hot entrees, charcuterie and dessert with vegan and vegetarian options
- Sparkling rosé toast at midnight
- Professional photographer and photo booth (unlimited prints)
Half Acre Beer Co. | NYE At Half Acre (Both Locations)
NYE Party at Half Acre Lincoln
BEER / MUSIC / TACO BAR.
- All Inclusive core beers (10 oz. pours)
- Taco bar (one plate per person, vegetarian option included)
- Midnight special toast
- DJ KEN spinning inside the brewery
- Special tappings throughout the night
The party will take place inside the Lincoln brewery and you’ll also be able to chill in the taproom.
NYE celebration at Half Acre Balmoral
Half Acre reserves your table for the entire night with ticket purchase
- 4-course meal,
- A pint of beer
- Midnight toast
- DJ starting at 10 p.m.
NYE BALMORAL MENU:
Spicy tuna spring roll, yuzu ponzu sauce. (VEG Alternative: Spicy shiitake summer roll, yuzu ponzu sauce)
Butternut squash bisque, caramelized apple, pickled celery, bleu cheese, cider reduction
MAIN COURSE (chose one)
- Boneless duck leg confit, braised red cabbage, baby yukon potatoes, herb-duck jus
- Saffron Fideos pasta, mussels, bell peppers, onion, spinach, garlic, white wine saffron cream (vegetarian possible)
Pistacchio mousse, candied orange, chocolate cake crumbles
Horse Thief Hollow | Sail into 2019 Aboard the HTH Mystery Ship with The Ron Burgundys
“Celebrate a boozy, cruise-y New Year’s Eve at Horse Thief Hollow with the Ron Burgandy’s Band! Horse Thief will be transformed into a groovy floating party aboard the HTH Mystery Ship, steered by our captain of craft cocktails: the magical Lizzy Benner.
Sail into 2019 with the Ron Burgandy’s as they play yacht rock and soft-core hits from the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s. They play tribute to artists including Kenny Loggins, Toto, Huey Lewis, Fleetwood Mac, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan, Billy Joel, Rod Stewart and many more!”
“Your cruise ticket includes a delicious appetizer buffet, live music and a bubbly toast at midnight.”
Maplewood Brewery & Distillery | NYE at the Lounge
“Ring in the New Year at the Lounge with Maplewood’s New Year’s Eve ticketed P-A-R-T-A-A-A-Y!!!”
- Open bar
- Tremendous food spread
- Photo booth
- Midnight surprise toast
- Peanut Butter Cuppa
- S’mores Cuppa
Marz Brewing | New Year’s Eve Party
“Party with us inside the brewery!”
- Draft beers (unlimited small pours of selected draft beers and a special midnight Chug Life toast)
- Chef Tony’s Slider Bar featuring pulled pork, tofu and other selections
- DJ by the Fanita Banana & Friends Sound System
- Marz giveaways and goodies
- 4 VIP tables—for 6 people—$400
- Guaranteed ambient beer room booth
- Each VIP table will be greeted by 2 bottles of Tygrisku + Santa’s Cookie Duster
Motor Row Brewing | New Year’s Eve Extravaganza
8:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. | Tickets $50 Buy at MRB or call (773) 406-6055 | Facebook Page
- Blues Night into the New Year—Tracee Sexy Adams with Sons of Chicago!
- Champagne toast and party favors
Old Irving Brewing | New Year’s Eve Party
5 p.m. to 1 a.m. (live music at 9 p.m.) | Free Admission | Facebook Event Page
“Celebrate New Year’s Eve at OIB! Party starts at 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. with no cover charge or tickets needed. Seatings are available on a first come, first serve basis. Just just show up hungry and thirsty and let’s party into 2019!”
- Live music from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. from Cole and Nick of The Icarians
- Complimentary hourly beer tappings of OIB special small batch beers!
- Complimentary midnight champagne toast
- Merch giveaways throughout the night
- Food and drink specials
Open Outcry Brewing | New Years Eve with Friendly Fire
9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. | Free Admission | Facebook Page
A evening with Friendly Fire, the Southside’s newest and hottest original rock & roll band. No cover!
- Special beer release
- Ball drop
- No inflated prices
- Kitchen open late
Piece Pizzeria & Brewery | Piece 80’s New Years Eve Bash
“This year we’re going totally 80s, dude! (80’s attire optional)”
- The legendary DJ Larry Leg Warmer spinning the best dance tunes from the 80s
- Award-winning Piece pizza, along with salad and dessert
- Bottomless glasses of craft beer
- Top-shelf alcohol drinks
- Champagne toast at midnight
Reserve your table!
Stockholm’s Brewpub | Six Course & Six Libations New Year’s Eve Dinner!
Begins at 8:30 p.m. | $85 plus tax and tip, call 630-208-7070 | Facebook Page
“Six Course Dinner Paired with Stockholm’s Handcrafted Beers, Champagne & Cocktail”
Cognac Shrimp Bisque: Topped with a chive infused olive oil.
Stockholm’s Beer ~ Viking Red Ale
Charred Romaine Salad: Topped with blistered heirloom tomatoes, balsamic stewed cipollini onions, shaved parmesan and tarragon Caesar dressing.
Stockholm’s Beer ~ State Street Pilsner
Appetizer Trio: Josef’s Italian sausage stuffed mushroom with parmesan cream sauce, mini crab cake with chipotle aioli and wonton wrapped shrimp with a habanero mango Thai chili glaze.
Stockholm’s Beer ~ Aegir’s Ale
Paired With ~ Doc’s Porter
Beef Wellington: Filet mignon topped with a mixed herb mushroom cheese compote wrapped in a puff pastry. Served over grilled asparagus with a homemade demi-glaze.
Stockholm’s Beer ~ Third Street Ale
Ginger Orange Crème Brulee
Paired With ~ “O” My Rye
Two Brothers Brewing | New Year’s Dinner at The Craftsman (Naperville)
Dinner costs $70 per person (plus tax and gratuity). Dinner includes a shared appetizer, a soup or salad, an entrée and a dessert. Menu options are below. Wine pairings will be available for an additional price.
New Year’s Eve Menu
- Creole étouffée
- Duck Trap River Shrimp smoked and stewed in a Holy Trinity sauce on basmati rice
- Wine and brie
- Tulip Tree Creamery brie whipped into a delicate mousse served over cabernet soaked pears and candied walnuts
- Sugo burrata
- Di Steffano burrata baked in our classic Rustica Sugo served with house made parmesan baguette
- Butchers sausage plate
- House made Italian cracked black pepper sausage served with our rye beer mustard and sundried tomato chutney
SOUP OR SALAD
- Butternut squash bisque
- Roasted butternut squash with a hint of sage, maple toasted croutons, nutmeg spiced crème fraiche
- Champagne salad
- Frisee mixed greens and red grapes tossed in champagne vinaigrette, candied walnuts and Point Reyes blue cheese
- New York strip
- Prime 10 oz. house cut dry aged steak with bacon herb compound butter served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and grilled baby carrots
- Crispy skin salmon
- Pan seared Skuna Bay crispy skin salmon fillet finished with herb crema over butternut squash pilaf
- Barbacoa bolognese
- 6 hour beef cheek ragu on house made berb linguini with fresh baby spinach and feta crumble
- Rack of lamb
- Pasture raised lamb, purple fingerling potatoes, baby zucchini, yellow pepper coulis
- New Year chicken
- Bone-in chicken breast on a grilled parmesan polenta cake with sunchokes, swiss chard and bacon sage bechamel
- Moroccan stew
- Moroccan spiced winter squash, chick pea and fennel stew served over basmati rice
- Chocolate peppermint mousse cake
- Dark chocolate sauce, peppermint bark
- Crème brulee tart
- Vanilla crème brulee, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
Wolfden Brewing | Roaring 20’s New Year’s Eve
20’s attire is not required but highly recommended!
Early bird package includes
- ‘Happy New Beer’ custom glass goblet
- Special tapping and special midnight tapping
- 2 drinks and a midnight beer toast: a full pour of our special release beer (special releases include a new brut IPA and more to come!)
- DJ all night
- All-you-can-eat appetizers
Pay for tickets in the taproom or email [email protected]