PorchDrinking’s Weekly Denver Beer Beat
It is time for this week’s PorchDrinking Denver Beer Beat which brings news of openings, special tappings, firkins and one-off batches, bottle releases, dinners, pairings, anniversaries, tap takeovers etc. each and every week.
Are you native to the city and looking for events to tide you over for the week? Or are you new to the city and just looking for the best place to find tasty suds and get uncled? Visiting and looking for events to hit while you are in town? Check out this week’s Denver Beer Beat and return each week to find out where all of the things #craftbeer are happening in the Denver Metro Area.
Wednesday, Dec. 24
Time: 3 p.m.
2401 Blake St. #1, Denver, CO 80205
There’s no Wayward Wednesday tapping this week, as they’ll be closed from Dec. 24-26.
Time: 5 p.m.-Close
3920 Tennyson St, Denver, CO 80212
This week’s sando is an ode to TV dinners: The Chicken Cordon Bleu on a toasted house hoagie roll!! Pair a $2 Craft Can Night with this sandwich from 5 p.m. to close!
500 Briggs St. Erie, CO 80516
“…four Mustache glasses, three trucker hats, two gift cards… and a Gro-o-o-wler o-of Handlebar.”
Merry Christmas and here’s the scoop for the rest of the week:
Tues. Dec. 23rd (open Noon-9pm) Food Special: STREET TACOS
Wed. Dec 24th – CLOSED
Thurs. Dec 25th – CLOSED (Merry Christmas!)
Fri. Dec 26th (open 4pm-10pm) Food Special: SMOKED BRISKET
Sat. Dec. 27th (open 4pm-10pm)
Sun. – Resume normal hours
227 Broadway # 101, Denver, Colorado 80203
Now I have a machine gun. Ho… Ho…Ho…
Time: 5 p.m.
6461 Colorado 392, Windsor, CO 80550
Firkin Tapping at 11am: El Pollo Loco – This lager went under secondary fermentation in a 30 year old tequila barrel that had habaneros, serranos, and jalapenos added to it. Just enough spice for those of you that like your taste buds to tingle, but not too much that your bells won’t jingle. (Well, maybe a little…)
Time: 2 p.m.
1338 S. Valentia St., Suite 100, Denver, Colorado 80247
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: A Partridge in a Pear Tree!! Their Christmas Eve firkin is an Oud Bruin Sour Ale. Don’t sour like Scrooge! Come and enjoy their deliciously tart Oud Bruin! HOURS TODAY will be 2 p.m. until the cask kicks!! So come in early for a taste!! Food Truck TBD.
Wednesday: Christmas Eve! They close at 6 p.m., so come get your growlers filled, and stay for $4 Happier Hour pricing all day!
Thursday: Merry Christmas! They’re closed, but yeast never rests.
Friday: Normal hours, great beers. Come hang out with Caution for your long weekend!
1550 Taurus Ct, Loveland, Colorado 80537
Wednesday – Special hours and Special tapping! Our Wednesday firkin is a Black Forest Pure Imagination (Oatmeal stout with cherries!). We are open from 1 to 7:30 p.m. or whenever you folks are done drinking beer!
Thursday – Closed
Friday – Open noon to 9 p.m. We are tapping Good Day to You – our salted caramel chocolate stout.
Saturday – Open noon to 9 p.m.
Sunday – Open one to 7 p.m.
Thursday, December 25
MERRY CHRISTMAS! – Most breweries, pubs, bars, restaurants will be closed statewide. It’s always a great idea to call your local place before heading over just to make sure they are there.
Friday, Dec. 26
1338 S. Valentia St., Suite 100
Denver, Colorado 80247
What better way to recover from the madness of Christmas than with a Black IPA!! This roasted, black ale has a heavy dose of English hops and is sometimes called a Cascadian Dark Ale.
Come out and enjoy a relaxing after Christmas day with CKBC and this delicious, fan favorite brew! No food truck; so bring some leftovers or order in!!
Time: 3 p.m.
15120 E Hampden Ave
Aurora, Colorado 80014
Every Friday, Dry Dock Brewing Company’s South Dock tasting room taps a specialty firkin at 3 p.m. This week try out their festive Cranberry Orange Amber.
Ska Brewing recently announced the Winter release in its Seasonal Stout series: Hibernal Vinifera Stout, an oak-aged foreign stout brewed with Malbec grapes. The beer—in keeping with the series’ solstice and equinox release dates—hit shelves on Dec. 21, the date of the winter solstice. This is the third year for both Vinifera and Ska’s Seasonal Stout Series, which features a different canned stout for each of the four seasons. The Hibernal Vinifera Stout weighs in at 8% ABV and pours black with a thick tan head. The flavor is coffee and dark roasted grains, with dark fruits, caramel and subtle oak, and a dry, vinous finish.
The packaging for the Hibernal Vinifera Stout, pictured above, features a black, 12-oz. can with Ska’s True Blonde character as the Sumerian goddess of grapes and the cold season, Ngeshtin-ana. As with all four of the stouts in the Seasonal Stout series, the beer will be released in cans and on draft, and distributed in all of Ska’s markets.
Saturday, Dec. 27
Time: Noon-5 p.m.
3920 Tennyson St
Denver, CO 80212
E’ery Saturday, you get two slices of the day + three drafts = $16 per person, no exceptions please, from Noon-5 p.m.
2801 Tower Rd
Aurora, Colorado 80011
Dry Dock’s new tasting room, Canoe Room at North Dock, taps a specialty firkin every Saturday! Check out the new digs and enjoy Dry Dock’s beers cask conditioned on some unexpected ingredients. This week is a hyper-effervescent iteration of everyone’s favorite Dry Dock apricot jammy jam-jams. Get some!
15120 E Hampden Ave
Aurora, Colorado 80014
Every Saturday in December, South Dock will feature one of Dry Dock’s specialty barrel-aged beers on tap. This week is a soured version of the Apricot Blonde, aptly named Sour Apricot Blonde. Happy Holidays from the South Dock!
Time: During Business hours or anytime online
7270 West 118th Place
Broomfield, CO 80020
Don’t forget to sign up for the Big Choice Ugly Mug Club by Dec. 31. For more info on specifics and to join up, visit the brewery or their website.
Sunday, Dec. 28
Time: Seatings from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
3001 Walnut St.
Denver, CO 80205
Menu includes 3 unique and seasonal brunch dishes to choose from, including a gluten-free and a vegetarian option. Each ticket includes one entree, two beers or beer cocktails, Novo coffee, tax and gratuity. Optional White Elephant gift exchange because you know you are going to get a Christmas gift that you’ll want to re-gift.
Menu (choose one entree):
- Vegetarian cheddar biscuits with mushroom gravy
- Chicken and waffle sandwich with bourbon peach sauce (gluten free)
- Southwest brioche strata with sausage, peppers, onions and cheddar
Each entree comes with breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit
*** Tickets sold out last year, so don’t wait! Get yours today! ***
Monday, Dec. 29
Collaboration Fest will showcase the release of more than 50 Colorado collaboration beers. Each beer featured at Collaboration Fest is created by at least one CBG member, with other participating breweries from near and far, including breweries from other countries. Some collaboration brews will also feature more than five breweries.“This year’s festival included brews from all-female brewers to pairings from Ska and Nynashamns Angbryggeri, ” said Casey Berry, founder of Imbibe Events. “The brewers are already starting to out do themselves for next year’s festival. During GABF, TRVE Brewing Company brewed a German-style wit with The Bruery. This beer was fermented with two kinds of wild yeast and is currently being aged with Lactobacillus in Chardonnay barrels. ”
The current lists of collaborations include:
- All Summit County Collaboration – The Bakers’ Brewery, Breckenridge Brewery, Backcountry Brewery, Dillon Dam Brewery, Broken Compass Brewing and Pug Ryans Brewing Company
- BJ’s BrewHouse – Boulder and Vindication Brewing Company
- Black Bottle Brewery, Zwei Bruder Brewing, Scrumpy’s Cider, Verboten Brewing and Trinity Brewing
- Boulder Beer and Cigar City Brewing
- Breckenridge Brewery and Starr Hill Brewery
- Big Choice Brewing Company and Wonderland Brewing
- Big Choice Brewing Company and 4 Noses Brewing
- CAUTION: Brewing Company, Hall Brewing, Dry Dock Brewing Company and Renegade Brewing
- Copper Kettle Brewing Company and Strange Craft Beer Company
- East Side Nano Brewers – FATE Brewing Company, BRU Handbuilt Ales and Wild Woods Brewery
- Epic Brewing Company and Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company
- FATE Brewing Company and Cannonball Creek Brewing Company
- FATE Brewing Company and Lost Highway Brewing Company
- FATE Brewing Company and Mission Brewing Company
- FATE Brewing Company and Yak & Yeti Brewing Company
- Front Range Brewing Company and Crystal Springs Brewing Co.
- Front Range Brewing Company, Echo Brewing Company and Gravity Brewing
- Kokopelli Beer Company and Pateros Creek Brewing Company
- Lady Collab – Bootstrap Brewing, Strange Craft Beer Company, Wynkoop Brewing Company, Big Choice Brewing, Barrels & Bottles Brewing, CAUTION: Brewing Company
- Left Handing Brewing Company and Backcountry Brewery
- Odell Brewing Company and Beavertown Brewery
- Oskar Blues Brewery and DC Brau Brewing Company
- Oskar Blues Brewery and Perrin Brewing Company
- Renegade Brewing Company and AC Golden
- Rockyard Brewing Company and Pagosa Brewing Company
- Sanitas Brewing Company and Dillon Dam Brewery
- Sanitas Brewing Company and Renegade Brewing Co.
- Sanitas Brewing Company and The Bakers’ Brewery
- Sanitas Brewing Company and Wild Woods Brewery
- Sanitas Brewing Company, Renegade Brewing Co., Dillon Dam Brewery and The Bakers’ Brewery
- Ska Brewing and Stone Brewing
- Strange Craft Beer Company and Freetail Brewing Company
- TRiNiTY Brewing Company and Epic Brewing Company
- TRVE Brewing and Ska Brewing
- TRVE Brewing and The Bruery
- Twisted Pine Brewing Company and Blind Tiger Brewery
- Wit’s End Brewing Company and Colorado Cider Company
- Wit’s End Brewing Company and Strange Craft Beer Company
More collaboration brews are being added as we get closer to the event. Tickets were released to the public for purchase starting Thursday, Dec. 18 at 10 a.m. at CollaborationFest.com. This jammer was my favorite festival from last year. Snag your tickets now!
Tuesday, Dec. 30
Time: 5 p.m.-Close
3920 Tennyson St.
Denver, CO 80212
Swing in every Tuesday night for the ‘Tuesday Night 23.’ 2 drafts + 2 topping 18″pie for $23 bucks. Fuck yeah.
Wednesday, Dec. 31
Time: TBD by your reservation,
5290 Arapahoe Ave
Boulder, CO 80303
ADD A LITTLE SPARKLE TO THE NEW YEAR. Join Bru for Beer Chef Ian Clark’s special New Year’s Eve menu. Call 720.638.5193 for reservations.
Time: 8 p.m.
1057 South Wadsworth Boulevard #60
Lakewood, CO 80226
Caution Brewing Co. is going back to the 90s this New Year’s Eve with some 90s themed karaoke and a 90s style costume contest. Come sing and play on New Year’s Eve with us at CAUTION: West. #partywithcaution
Time: 6 p.m.-1:30 a.m.
2191 Arapahoe St
Denver, Colorado 80205
The Lobby gives you New Beers Eve – a beer festival meets fancy schmancy New Years Eve party bash to save you from black tie affairs and kids with noisemakers at your in-laws house.
Join the Lobby for a four-course beer pairing dinner to start the night, a menu of all-you-can-drink packages to keep it simple, and the award winning Roots & Rhythm band to keep your feet moving. Fourteen of your favorite breweries will be in the house and on draft celebrating their 2014 original brews. As the ball drops at midnight, a new release for 2015 will be tapped to ring in the New Year! Plus, you can buy tickets for the raffle (with all proceeds going to the Colorado Brewers Guild) and walk away with special swag from local breweries.
Featuring brews from Great Divide Brewing Co., Fate Brewing Co., CAUTION: Brewing Co., Former Future Brewing Company, Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project, Black Bottle Brewery, Left Hand Brewing Company, Odyssey Beerwerks, Breckenridge Colorado Craft, Epic Brewing Company – Denver Taproom, Elevation Beer Company, Dry Dock Brewing Company, Lost Highway Brewing Company, Gravity Brewing and Grist Brewing Company!
Schedule of Awesome:
Dinner Pairings: Two Seatings at 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Drink Packages: 9 p.m.-1:30 a.m.
Roots & Rhythm Band: 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
Raffle with prizes from your favorite local breweries and other local companies all night!
All proceeds from the raffle go to the Colorado Brewers Guild!
Time: 9 p.m.
1338 S Valentia St., Suite 100
Denver, Colorado 80247
Copper Kettle Brewing is celebrating New Year’s Eve this year in a huge way! With a four course beer pairing dinner with Mikes 2 Kitchen and their four barrel aged seasonal beers!! The tasting room will be transformed into a silver and gold gala, so kick off those slippers, slide on your dancing shoes, and join us for an amazing dinner to ring in the New Year!
- Course 1 ~ Lemonzest Crab Cake, served with an applewood smoked bacon and red bell pepper soffrito, with Le Chapeau
- Course 2 ~ Smoked Chicken Tostada, house smoked chicken, pickled onion, avocado salsa, cotija cheese.
- Course 3 ~ Braised Short Rib Ragu, slowly braised short ribs with Well Bred, shredded with root vegetables over white cheddar mash potatoes and topped with buttermilk fried onion rings
with Well Bred
- Course 4 ~ Chocolate Espresso Torte, Flourless chocolate espresso torte with vanilla bean creme anglaise, and a Raspberry coulis
Taproom will be open after the dinner to ring in the New Year with an included Tequila Barrel Aged Imperial Pilsner or Champagne toast!! Tickets are $65 per person (additional 18% gratuity added)
925 W 9th Ave
Denver, CO 80204
This is the one tapping we wait for all year around. The cult status of this tapping is not unjust. This beer is phenomenal and, with a new name and knowing how much hard work goes into this brew, we would not miss this for all of the NYE parties under one roof. THIS IS THE NYE EVENT YOU SHOULD GO TO!
Time: 6 p.m.
1020 E Lincoln Ave
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Formerly known as the Gravity 1020 brewpub, the Fort Collins Brewery & Tavern is hosting Brew Year’s Eve beginning at 6 p.m. Tickets are $65 per person and include hors d’oeuvres, Fort Collins Brewery beers, and a champagne toast at midnight. Dress to impress for the costume contest at 8 p.m., and come ready to play casino games. Reserve tickets by calling 970.682.2260.
Fermenting Future Events That Are Tapping Soon As All Get Out …
Jan. 3 – Daytrip to West Slope: January Release Day @ Casey Brewing & Blending (Glenwood Springs)
Jan. 8-10 – 15th Annual Big Beers, Belgians and Barleywines Festival @ Vail Cascade Resort & Spa (Vail)
Jan.16 – Big Barrel Aged Beer Festival @ Colorado Plus (Wheat Ridge)
Jan. 24 – Brewed – A Coffee and Beer Workshop @ Epic Brewing – Denver (Five Points)
Jan. 29 – Beer Dinner with Brewery Rickoli @ Colorado Plus (Wheat Ridge)
Did we miss any events in this week’s? Let us know by emailing us at
Cheers to ye and may eternity find us in as good company as this! Stay Thirsty and Keep Denver Beer’d!