Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX Lineup Once Again No Joke
Tickets for Pints for Prostates Awareness Event on Sale Father’s Day
More than 60 of America’s leading craft breweries have committed to take part in the ninth annual Denver Rare Beer Tasting to raise funds for the Pints for Prostates campaign. The lineup, once again, is no joke!
The prostate cancer awareness event will be held on Oct. 6 in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from 68 craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“An amazing collection of American craft breweries are generously helping us to reach men through the universal language of beer by donating prized brews to pour at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “These brewers have joined the fight against prostate cancer for what has become an annual celebration of beer passion and brewing craftsmanship.”
It’s not often we fan boy hard over an event, however this is certainly one we get a bit flush about. Don’t believe us?! Check out our recap of last year’s festivities here. Oh, and the year before that. We shit you not, if you do not buy tickets to this, you will have a serious case of palate-FOMO.
Brewers who have committed to attend the event include:
- Against the Grain Brewery, Louisville, Kentucky*
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska
- The Alchemist, Waterbury, Vt.*
- AleSmith Brewing, San Diego, Calif.
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo.
- Bells Brewing, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont.
- Black Project Spontaneous & Wild Ales, Denver, Colo.*
- The Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- The Bruery, Placentia, Calif.
- Cascade Brewing, Portland, Ore.
- Cerebral Brewing, Denver, Colo.*
- Coronado Brewing, Coronado, Calif.
- Crank Arm Brewery, Raleigh, N.C.*
- Crux Fermentation Project, Bend, Ore.
- Destihl Brewery, Normal, Ill.*
- Dry Dock Brewing, Aurora, Colo.*
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif.
- Forager Brewing, Rochester, Minn.*
- Fremont Brewing, Seattle, Wash.
- Full Sail Brewing, Hood River, Ore.
- Fullsteam Brewery, Durham, N.C.
- Funky Buddha Brewing, Oakland Park, Fla.
- Grand Basin Brewery, Sparks, Nev.*
- Grand Teton Brewing, Victor, Idaho
- Great Divide Brewing Co., Denver, Colo.
- Grimm Brothers Brewing, Loveland, Colo.
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, Richmond, Va.
- Haw River Farmhouse Ales, Saxapahaw, N.C.
- Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project, Denver, Colo.*
- Jester King Craft Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, Mich.
- Joyride Brewing, Edgewater, Colo.*
- Kane Brewing, Ocean, N.J.*
- Lakewood Brewing, Garland, Texas*
- Libertine Brewing, San Luis Obispo, Calif.*
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.
- The Lost Borough, Rochester, N.Y*
- Matt Brewing, Utica, N.Y.
- Maui Brewing, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Mikkeller Brewing SD, San Diego, Calif.*
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- New Holland Brewing, Holland, Mich.
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.
- Ozark Beer Co., Rogers, Arkansas*
- Pappy Slokum Brewing, Abilene, Texas*
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo.
- Perry Street Brewing, Spokane, Wash.*
- Prison City Pub & Brewery, Auburn, N.Y.*
- Rhinegeist Brewery, Cincinnati, Ohio*
- River North Brewery, Denver, Colo.
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore.
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales, Santa Fe, N.M.*
- Samuel Adams Brewery, Boston, Mass.
- Scratch Brewing, Ava, Ill.*
- Side Project Cellar, Maplewood, Mo.*
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif.
- Spangalang Brewing, Denver, Colo.
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.
- Sun King Brewing, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Thirsty Dog Brewing, Akron, Ohio
- Three Floyds Brewing, Munster, Ind.
- Uberbrew, Billings, Mont.*
- Uinta Brewing, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Unknown Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.*
- Verboten Brewing and Barrel Project, Loveland, Colo.
- WeldWerks Brewing, Greeley, Colo.
- Yazoo Brewing, Nashville, Tenn.
(* Indicates first appearance at Denver Rare Beer Tasting.)
The Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX beer list, which features some of the rarest offerings in the country collectively in one place, will be released prior to the event. Twenty-six breweries will be pouring beer at the event for the first time (some serious bangers including The Alchemist, Rhinegeist and Side Project Cellar) while eight breweries have participated in all eight previous Denver Rare Beer Tastings. All in all, the event will feature breweries representing 28 states in attendance.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, the Denver Rare Beer Tasting IX is being sponsored in part by Cargill Craft Malt and DRAFT Magazine, with logistical support from MicroStar.
Tickets for the event go on sale on June 18 at 10 a.m. (MT) via ETIX.com. VIP tickets are $165 and include early admission starting at Noon. General Admission tickets are $115 for the 1-4 p.m. tasting. Each attendee receives a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. A special beer centric lunch created by Jensen Cummings of Brewed Food is included in the ticket price and guests will have the chance to bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles. During the event, attendees can also participate in the Brewers Health Initiative, a free men’s health screening.
The first eight Denver Rare Beer Tastings sold out several weeks in advance. The event will be held this year on two floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
All Denver Rare Beer Tasting ticket holders will be entered into a drawing for a five night Carolinas on My Mind Beer Adventure for two to Charlotte and Asheville, N.C., and Greenville, S.C. VIP ticket holders will receive three raffle tickets and general admission ticket holders will receive one ticket. Anyone wearing a Pints for Prostates t-shirt or hat to the event will receive another free entry for the drawing. Additional tickets will be available for a donation. The winner will be drawn during the event from tickets collected exclusively at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting. The winner and a guest will travel to North and South Carolina in October 2018 on a trip that includes roundtrip airfare from the continental U.S., 5 nights hotel, ground transportation, brewery tours, pub crawls, beer lunches and beer dinners.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is a celebration of beer passion with a serious mission: raising awareness about prostate cancer. Beer fans get to taste a collection of beers that few people have the opportunity to enjoy, while rubbing elbows with some of the world’s most talented brewers,” said Lyke. “It is a fun afternoon and a great atmosphere. And 100 percent of the proceeds go to help men’s health.”
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission and help to fund the education and support programs of the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, and free prostates cancer screening programs provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
We are excited to see so many new faces signed up for #DRB9 and REALLY excited to see some of our favorites from years past continuing to champion this great cause. We hope NoDa brings back their Rum Barrel Aged Double Chocolate Vanilla Bean Monstro Imperial Stout!!!! (*wink-wink, *hint-hint). We also hope that our friends from WeldWerks bring down their Coconut Medianoche and Barrel Aged Mexican Achromatic (BAMA) from G-town.
What does everyone else think of this brewery list? Drop us a comment. Did they miss anyone? Any of these breweries attendance surprising to you?