PorchDrinking’s Best in Beer 2018 | Utah and Beyond
Chris & Sylvia Hollands and our Utah team take a look at the year in beer, 2018.
From new laws to near beers, the PorchDrinking.com Utah team covers everything from local occurrences to the national and regional scene, and that’s reflected in the picks from the crew. So, let’s take a final look at 2018, shall we?
Top 5 Beers Overall from 2018
- The Name of the Rose —The Referend Bier Blendery
- Juice Lab: Passionfruit, Blood Orange, Raspberry —Ology Brewing
- Extra Extra Juicy Bits —Weldwerks
- Double Dry Hopped All Citra Everything —Other Half
- Barrel Aged Abraxas —Perennial Artesian Ales
(READ: Dispelling the Myths Behind Utah’s Emerging Beer Scene)
Top 5 New Beers 2018
- Snowed In Coconut 2018 —Copper Kettle
- Barrel Aged Awesomeness 2018 —Liquid Mechanics
- Red Poppy 2018 —The Lost Abbey
- Transmountain Diversion —Weldwerks/Casey
- Fear Movie Lions —Stone Brewing
Top 3 New Breweries in the region
- T.F. Brewing (Salt Lake City, UT)
- SaltFire Brewing (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Toasted Barrel Brewery (Salt Lake City, UT)
Top 3 Beer Festivals from 2018
- SLUG Magazine Brewstillery
(READ: PorchDrinking’s Best in Beer 2018 | Pacific Northwest)
Most significant beer news
- In December, Utah implemented the toughest DUI laws in the country. (.05).
- Northern Utah’s Ogden City is on the verge of a mini craft beer boom. There are several breweries racing to open in the upcoming year.
Featured Image from My Utah Parks.
Submit a Comment