The Post Brewing Company Archives – PorchDrinking.com
This past Sunday, The Post Brewing – Boulder hosted the last of their Battle of the Brewmasters Series. This was a special event for the Colorado local because their head brewer at the time of opening, Bryan Selders, came back to participate in this event. Before moving on to Dogfish Head, Bryan was also a mentor the current head brewer, Nick Tedeschi. In the opening, the two shared the experience they had together; as well as how each of their lives were impacted by the other.
The Post Brewing Company is arguably the region’s reigning champion of fried chicken, having received the Guy Fieri treatment this month in a recent episode of The Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. In the appropriately titled episode “Bird and Beef,” …
Just over a year ago, five Colorado female brewers joined together for a series of collaboration beers made to raise money for charity and support a protest. Today, the Makin’ Noise: A Pussy Riot Beer series is starting its second year and releasing Version 5 on Saturday. To date, the movement has garnered 20 brewers to participate, and generated over $25,000 for various charities across Colorado!
Autumn in Colorado might be the best showcase of why the Centennial State is so great. Oh, let me count the ways:
- We still have the warm days to sport our flops like how one is supposed to.
- We have the cold to days to sport our flops like how one is not advertised to do so.
- The mountains getting their first pow-pow!
- The Broncos are looking good. The Rockies made the playoffs for the first time since 2009. The Nuggets are prepping for a possible return to the playoffs. And the Avs are… aiming to improve, as we all are.
- There’s G-A-B-F!!!
- Oktoberfest beers, a whole day (more like all-month) to dress-up, pumpkin beers, Christmas ales, and holidays (aka great times to share your favorite brews with friends and family).