Event Preview | Half Acre Beer Co. The Big North II
As you may know, Half Acre Beer Co. is opening up a big and shiny brewing facility on Balmoral Avenue, which means more delicious beer and food from one of Chicago’s premiere craft beer destinations. To help launch the facility, Half Acre is hosting the 2nd annual Big North festival at the new digs, which will include over 35 Half Acre beer options, including a bunch of rare and experimental brews, drool-worthy food from the Half Acre kitchen, live music, and more. Here are the full details on Big North ’17.
Tickets: You can purchase general admission tickets for $70 here. Each ticket includes all of the beer, music, entertainment you desire, along with a commemorative glass, coozie plus one meal token.
When: Saturday, August 19th from 4-9 p.m.
Where: Half Acre’s new Balmoral Facility, 2050 W Balmoral Ave. Chicago, IL 60625
Entertainment: Patrons will enjoy live music from NE-HI, MIND MELD, Platinum Boys and DIM throughout the evening.
Parking: There will be limited parking spaces for vehicles but free bike parking will be available on-site. The use of public transportation is encouraged.
Food: You will be able to use your meal token on one of the delicious food options served up by Half Acre’s kitchen crew.
The Beer List: The beer selection at this event will be extensive, which means you can expect all of the Half Acre favorites along with a bunch of unique brews from their Ripper, Hoss and Wyld beer programs. Here is the full, delicious list:
- Daisy Cutter Pale Ale
- Vallejo India Pale Ale
- Tuna Extra Pale Ale
- Space India Pale Ale
- Pony Pilsner
- Deep Space DIPA
- Double Daisy Cutter DPA
- La Looks IPA brewed with coconut butter
- Gentle Gentle Dark Cherry Wyld Ale
- Life on Land Wyld Table Beer
- Cabell Experimental Kentucky Common
- Amargosa Cherry Wyld Ale
- Skippet Traditional Black Raspberry Berliner Weisse
- VIM Baltic Porter
- Battle of Trenton Kentucky Common brewed with peach tea + mint
- Mythic Volume II
- Pennon Blonde Wyld Ale
- 2017 Benthic Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout with coconut + coffee
- 2017 Benthic Variants TBA
- Skippet / Amargosa Blend I
- Skippet / Mythic Blend II
- Dry Hopped Life on Land Wyld Table Beer
- Tomorrow People IPA
- The Big North Lacto Pulsed Pale Ale with peaches
- 2016 Big Hugs Imperial Coffee Stout
- Fader Traditional Pilsner
- Johnny’s One Ton Triple IPA
- Daisy Toronado Experimental Pale Ale
- 2016 Orin Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Ale
- Jonah Pale Ale
- BeachWeed Coconut Pale Ale
- DEN Kölsch
- Top Notch Hoppy Lager
- Akari Mist American Wheat with lemon + lime zest
- 2016 Vanilla Hugs Imperial Coffee Stout with vanilla bean
- Wooden Teeth Saison
- White Noise English Mild
- Pony Pilsner with lime juice
- 2016 BA Hugs Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Coffee Stout
Feature image courtesy of Half Acre Beer Co.
I’m looking for a extra ticket to this sold-out event. Anyone looking to sell an extra?