Every Black Friday Beer Release in Colorado Not Named BCBS
While BCBS may have fueled the tradition of offering craft beer fans rarities to hunt down on Black Friday, over the past 3-4 years local breweries from around the country have stepped up their release game to offer a local alternative. This year we’re breaking down every major Black Friday beer release happening throughout the Colorado Front Range, as well as a few bonus releases on Wednesday to kick off the Thanksgiving season.
Wednesday, November 27
Barrel Aged 25+ One @ Left Hand Brewing Company – 1265 Boston Ave, Longmont, Colorado
What: Barrel-Aged 25+ One Barrel-Aged Stout aged two years and blended from four unique barrels.
Available: On tap from 11am – 9pm
Palisade Peach Table Sour @ Baere Brewing Company – 320 Broadway, Denver, Colorado
Details: Palisade Peach Table Sour
Available: On tap and in bottles to-go from Noon – 11pm
DDH Forest Bathing IPA, Cushy Oatmeal Cream Stout, & Couloir Double IPA @ Outer Range Brewing Company – 182 Lusher Ct., Unit #2, Frisco, Colorado
- DDH Forest Bathing IPA
- Cushy Oatmeal Cream Stout
- Couloir Double IPA
Available: On tap and in cans to-go from Noon to 8pm
Strawberry Cream Ale @ Strange Craft Beer Company (Denver) – 1330 Zuni St, Unit M, Denver, Colorado
What: Strawberry Cream Ale
Available: On tap from 3pm – 9pm
Skinny Hop IPA @ Ursula Brewery – 2101 N Ursula St Unit 10, Aurora, Colorado
What: Skinny Hop session IPA and Bitter Berry Wheat (Cranberry and Cherry Wheat).
Available: On tap from 3pm – 9pm
Figgy Pudding Collaboration with Bruz Beers @ Goldspot Brewing Company – 4970 Lowell Blvd, Denver, Colorado
What: Figgy Pudding Belgian Brown Ale with figs.
Available: On tap from 3pm – 10pm
Bourbon Barrel-Aged English Porter @ Old 121 Brewhouse – 1057 South Wadsworth Boulevard, Lakewood, Colorado
Available: On tap from 3pm – 10pm
Friday, November 29 (Black Friday)
Hell Bear Imperial Stout Release @ Station 26 Brewing – 7045 E 38th Ave, Denver, Co
- Whiskey Barrel-Aged Hell Bear Imperial Stout ft Mythology Hellbear Whiskey Barrels
- Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
- Honey Chamomile Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
- Manhattan Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
- Pistachio Almond Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
- Mexican Chocolate Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
- Coconut Coffee Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
- Bruschetta Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
- Thanksgiving Imperial Stout (non-barrel-aged)
Available: Whiskey Barrel-Aged Hell Bear Imperial Stout available on-tap and in 22oz bottles to-go, non-barrel-aged variants available on-tap only from 11am – 11pm.
Barrel-Aged I Must Break You @ Verboten Brewing – 127 E. 5th Street, Loveland, CO
What: Barrel-Aged I Must Break You, Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels with locally roasted coffee and milk sugar
- Double Oaked Blackberry Brandy Grow Old with You, Barley Wine with limited availability of Rum & Cognac variants
- Oddly Forbidden – Milkshake IPA with Toasted Coconut and Chocolate, brewed at Verboten
- Vreemd Verboten – Spiced Stout with Fenugreek and Cardamom, brewed at Odd13.
Available: On draft and in 12oz bottles to-go from 11am – 9pm
Well Bred & Snowed In @ Copper Kettle Brewing – 1338 S Valentia St, Ste 100, Denver, CO
What: Cellar Release of Well Bred Barleywine & Snowed In Oatmeal Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
Available: In cans and bottles to go from 12pm – 10pm
Hello, Darkness @ River North Brewery – 3400 Blake Street, Denver, CO
What: Hello, Darkness Black IPA with Simcoe, Cascade and Mosaic hops
Available: On tap from 12pm – 10pm
Big Bad Baptist Variants @ Epic Brewing – 3001 Walnut St, Denver, CO
What: Big Bad Baptist Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout & Variants
Available: On tap and in bottles to-go from 11am – 11pm
Imperial Vanilla Chai Brown @ Resolute Brewing – 7286 S Yosemite St, Ste 110, Centennial, CO
What: Imperial Vanilla Chai Brown
Available: On tap from 11am – 11pm
Mint Chocolate Stout @ Avery Brewing – 4910 Nautilus Ct N, Boulder, CO
What: Mint Chocolate Stout with cacao nibs and peppermint
Available: On tap and in 16oz cans to-go from 11:30am to 11pm
The Gift of Time @ Crooked Stave Artisan Ales – 3350 Brighton Blvd, Denver, CO
What: The Gift of Time Imperial Stout aged in Heaven Hill & Angel’s Envy Bourbon Barrels for 3 years
Available: On tap and in bottles to-go from Noon to 10pm
Midnight on the Run & Du Hast Cake @ Wiley Roots Brewing – 625 3rd St., Greeley, CO
Midnight on the Run – Imperial Stout brewed with chocolate malt, organic cocoa powder, TCHO Ghanaian Cocoa Nibs, and all-natural pure chocolate extract.
Du Hast Cake – Bourbon barrel-aged German Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout, brewed with Bottle Logic Brewing Company, with cacao husk and coconut powder, then aged in Tennessee Bourbon whiskey barrels for 15 months with 12 lbs per barrel of toasted coconut and ½ lb per barrel of Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla beans.
Wooden Spoon & Whisk: Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
Imperial Stout with TCHO Ghanaian Cocoa Nibs, Pecan, Vanilla, and Graham Cracker
- Double Citra Double Galaxy Funk Yo Couch
Farmhouse mixed culture Saison with Brettanomyces double dry-hopped with Citra hops and double dry-hopped with Galaxy hops
- Pastels: Northern Lights
Milkshake IPA with puréed Blood Orange, Vanilla, and Milk Sugar dry-hopped with Mosaic, Cascade, and Ekuanot hops
Available: On tap and in cans to-go from 12pm – 11pm
Feeley Effect & Steep @ Fiction Beer Co – 7101 E Colfax Ave, Denver
STEEP Imperial Coffee Stout Variants:
- Steeped Lavender Petals (inspired by the Lavender Latte from Pablo’s Coffee)
- Chaga & and lion’s mane mushroom
- Chile – guajillo and pasilla negro chile powders
- Coconut Vanilla – toasted coconut and Indonesian vanilla beans
- Gingerbread – molasses, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, clove
Feely Effects Green Tea Milk Chocolate Stout Variants:
- Figgy Pudding – Fig, raisin, currant, and plum
- Macadamia Nut – toasted macadamia nuts
Available: On Draft from 12pm – 11pm.
Barrel-Aged Beta Wave & Barrel-Aged Tears of Our Enemies @ WestFax Brewing – 6733 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO
What: Beta Wave Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout & Barrel-Aged Tears of Our Enemies Scotch Ale
- Maple Coffee Stout at 2pm
- Peanut Butter Imperial Stout at 4pm
- Mole Stout at 6pm
- DDH Sabro Urban Lumberjack
Available: On draft and in bottles to-go from Noon to 11pm
Black Rye Day @ Baere Brewing – 320 Broadway, Denver, CO
- Black RyeDay – Pumpernickle inspired Imperial Stout with Fennel & Carraway Seeds
- Chocolate Black RyeDay with Cultura Chocolate Nibs
- War & Peace Report – Black IPA
- Mixed Berry Duplicitious – Barrel-aged Dark Sour with Boysenberries and Raspberries
- Palisade Peach Duplicitous – Barrel-aged Dark Sour aged on second use Palisade Peaches.
Available: On tap and in crowlers to-go from 12pm – 11pm
Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY @ Oskar Blues Boulder & Oskar Blues Longmont – 921 Pearl St. Boulder CO & 1800 Pike Rd. Unit B, Longmont, CO
- Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout
- JAHvanilla Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout
- Salted Caramel Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout
- Chocolate Hazelnut Praline Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout
- Java Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout and more
Available: Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout on tap & in 4-pack cans to-go, variants only available on-tap.
Black Planet @ New Terrain Brewing – 16401 Table Mountain Pkwy, Golden, CO
What: Black Planet Imperial Belgian Porter with tangerine peel, vanilla and aged on oak
Available: On tap and in crowlers/growlers to-go at Noon
Magic Narwal Candy Cane Unicorn @ Woods Boss Brewing – 2210 California St, Denver, CO
What: Magical Narwhal Candy Cane Unicorn Stout
Available: On tap from 12pm – 11pm
I Hate Shopping @ Burns Family Artisan Ales – 2505 West 2nd Avenue, Unit 13, Denver, CO
What: I Hate Shopping Black IPA
Available: On tap and in growlers to-go at Noon
Original Oreo Cookie Monsta @ Something Brewery – 117 N Main St. Brighton, CO
What: Oreo Cookie Monsta Vanilla Oreo Lactose Milk Stout with 50lbs of Oreos and vanilla
Available: On tap and in 250 crowlers to-go at Noon.
Holiday Fan @ Odd13 Brewing – 301 E Simpson St, Lafayette, CO
What: Holiday Fan Triple IPA
Available: On tap and in 12oz cans to-go from 1pm -11pm
- Fluffernutter Saint Newcole Imperial Stout with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff – On tap only
- Chocolate Chill Abyss Chocolate Stout -Chocolate Milk Stout with cacao nibs, lactose and additional additions of cacao husks and chili – On tap only
- Chocolate Cherry Abyss Chocolate Stout – Chocolate Milk Stout with cacao nibs from Ecuador and lactose with additional adjuncts of cherries and cacao husks – On tap only
- 2018 Saint Newcole Imperial Stout Variants – On tap only
- Verboten Collab Stout – On tap only
- 2019 Saint Newcole Imperial Stout aged with Coconut – On tap and in cans to-go
Coconut Anarchy Project & Mexican Chocolate Anarchy Project @ Liquid Mechanics Brewing – 297 N. Hwy 287 Suite 100, Lafayette, CO
Coconut Anarchy Project – Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout with toasted coconut, Madagascar vanilla bean, and chocolate.
Mexican Chocolate Anarchy Project – Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout with cinnamon, chocolate, ancho peppers, and Madagascar vanilla bean.
Coconut Porter – Imperial Porter with toasted coconut.
Available – On tap and in bottles to-go from 1pm – 11pm
Graham-a Got Run Over By a Reindeer @ City Star Brewing – 321 Mountain Ave, Berthoud, CO
What: Graham-a Got Run Over By a Reindeer Holiday Ale with graham cracker, Colorado clover honey and a hint of cinnamon.
Available: On tap from 2pm – 10pm
Whiskey Barrel-Aged Istanbul @ Next Stop Brew Co / Intrepid Sojourner – 925 W 8th Ave, Denver, CO
What: Istanbul Turkish Coffee Stout aged in Stranahan’s whiskey barrels for six months.
Available: On tap from 3pm – 10pm
New England Blend @ Stem Ciders – 2811 Walnut St, Unit 150, Denver, CO
What: New England Blend Cider with a blend of fresh-pressed apples from the Pacific Northwest.
Available: On tap and in bottles from 5pm – 8pm