2018 Guide to Finding Pliny the Younger in Colorado
In an age when names like Assassin, CBS, Duck Duck Gooze, Hunahpu and Medianoche are uttered with extreme reverence among craft beer fanatics, Russian River Brewing‘s Pliny the Younger still manages to carry the same clout and cult following well over a decade after its debut.
The highly sought-after Triple IPA featuring Amarillo, Azacca, Centennial, Chinook, Crystal, Idaho 7, Simcoe, Tomahawk and Warrior hops, was re-released last week at Russian River’s Santa Rosa location and will begin seeing limited availability beginning the week of February 17 in Colorado, Oregon, Sacramento, Philadelphia and San Jose. Elite Brands, which distributes Russian River Brewing products in Colorado, was kind enough to share the complete list of venues that will carry this cult status hop bomb in 2018. Dates and times have yet to be announced for each premise, however, we’ll be sure to update that information in the coming days as information develops.
Each year, Natalie and Vinnie Cilurzo, the co-founders of Russian River, organize a fundraiser around the release of Pliny the Younger called “All Hopped Up For The Cure”, to benefit a local breast cancer support organization in their hometown of Santa Rosa, California.
For the fourth year in a row, Elite Brands will follow in the footsteps of Natalie and Vinny Cilurzo by raising funds and awareness towards breast cancer support with their version of the “All Hopped Up For A Cure” fundraiser. Once again, Elite Brands will be donating proceeds made from sales on Pliny the Younger to Sense of Security, a local breast cancer support organization, and they’ve asked retailers receiving Pliny the Younger to do the same. Last year’s fundraiser brought in $8,900 to ultimately help people living with breast cancer and experiencing financial hardship.
Current locations are final, and we’ll have more information shortly on release dates, times, and ticketing info shortly from the following accounts:
Where to Find Pliny the Younger in Colorado
- Backcountry Pizza & Tap House – Sunday, February 25 at Noon. Approximately 180 tickets available at 10am.
- Rueben’s Burger Bistro – Wednesday, February 21 at 5:30pm. Tickets will be sold on a lottery basis.
- Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen – Saturday, March 3 at 11:30am. Tickets will be given out when the bar opens at 11:30am.
- Falling Rock Tap House – Saturday, February 17, Sunday February, 18 and Saturday, February 24. All 3 tappings will take place at 1pm with doors opening at 11am. Tickets will be handed out on a first come first serve basis. For more info read details of Falling Rock’s Pliny Release.
- Freshcraft – Thursday, February 22 – more release info to come!
- Hops & Pie – Thursday, March 1 at 1:30pm. Tickets will be available beginning at 11:30am on Thursday, March 1 and can be redeemed any time after 1:30pm and before close at 10pm
- Park & Co. – TBA
- Choice City Butcher & Deli – Tuesday, February 20. Tickets available at 11am, tapping at 4pm.
- The Mayor of Old Town – TBA
- Oskar Blues Homemade Liquids and Solids – Saturday, February 24. Tickets on sale at 10am. Tapping available from 3-7pm $12 for 10 oz pour.
- Parry’s Pizzeria And Bar – Saturday, March 3 at 11am tapping, doors open at 10am. First 60 people in line will receive guaranteed tickets to purchase PTY, any remaining beers will be raffled off. Parry’s will also have the following beers on tap for the PTY release:
- Pliny the Elder by Russian River Brewing Co.
- Sanctification by Russian River Brewing Co.
- ’15 Consecration by Russian River Brewing Co.
- Barrel Aged Darkness by Surly Brewing Co.
- Easy Evil by Anchorage Brewing Co.
- Patrick’s Irish Pub – Thursday, February 22. 60 tickets available at 3pm, tapping at 5:30pm any remaining beers will be sold to queue. Patrick’s will be donating 50% of the entire day’s sales to Sense of Security a local breast cancer support organization
- Lucky Pie Pizza – Saturday, March 3 – 50 tickets on sale at 11am, tapping at 1pm. Lucky Pie Pizza Louisville will also be raffling off 3 pours. During the week of February 22-25th when you purchase select beers, you receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win a pour of Pliny the Younger.
- Murphy’s Tap House – Wednesday, February 21 at 5pm. First come, first serve.