2020 Where to Find Pliny the Younger in Colorado
In an age when names like Assassin, CBS, Duck Duck Gooze, Hunahpu and Medianoche are uttered with extreme reverence among craft beer fanatics, Russian River Brewing‘s Pliny the Younger still manages to carry the same clout and cult following well over a decade after its debut.
The highly sought-after Triple IPA featuring Amarillo, Azacca, Centennial, Chinook, Crystal, Idaho 7, Simcoe, Tomahawk and Warrior hops, was re-released last week at Russian River’s Santa Rosa and Windsor location and will begin seeing limited availability at approximately 450 draft accounts outside of California in Oregon, Colorado, and Philadelphia beginning next week. Additionally, as we reported back in December, this year’s brewery release also included limited bottle releases of the beer.
Elite Brands, which distributes Russian River Brewing products in Colorado (but not Fort Collins), was kind enough to share the complete list of venues that will carry this cult status hop bomb in 2020. Dates and times have not been announced for every location, however, we’ll be sure to keep updating that information in the coming days as information develops.
Each year, Natalie and Vinnie Cilurzo, the co-founders of Russian River, organize a fundraiser around the release of Pliny the Younger called “All Hopped Up For The Cure”, to benefit a local breast cancer support organization in their hometown of Santa Rosa, California.
For the sixth year in a row, Elite Brands will follow in the footsteps of Natalie and Vinny Cilurzo by raising funds and awareness towards breast cancer support with their version of the “All Hopped Up For A Cure” fundraiser. Once again, Elite Brands will be donating proceeds made from sales on Pliny the Younger to Sense of Security, a local breast cancer support organization, and they’ve asked retailers receiving Pliny the Younger to do the same. Last year’s fundraiser brought in $9,000 to ultimately help people living with breast cancer and experiencing financial hardship.
Current locations are final, and we’ll have more information shortly on release dates, times, and ticketing info shortly from the following accounts, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back over the next two weeks. Here’s what we know thus far:
Where to Find Pliny the Younger in Colorado
- Homegrown Tap & Dough – Wednesday, February 19 – Tapping at 5pm
- Hops Culture – TBA
- Backcountry Pizza & Tap House – Sunday, February 23 – Opening at 11am, Tapping at Noon
- Rayback Collective – Saturday, February 22 – Tapping at Noon, first come, first serve.
- Rocky Mountain Underground – Saturday, February 22 – Tapping at 2:00pm
- Kenosha Steakhouse – Friday, February 21 – Tapping at 4pm (Pre-sale tickets available now)
- Front Range BBQ – Friday, February 21 – Tapping at 5pm (Pre-Sale Tickets Available)
- Briar Common Brewery – Wednesday, February 19 – Tickets available at 5pm, Tapping at 6pm
- Bull & Bush (Glendale) – Monday, February 24 – Tapping at Noon
- Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen – Saturday, February 29 – Tapping at 11:30am – Cash only for the beer. A portion of the proceeds go to Colorado Public Radio Indie 102.3.
- Falling Rock Tap House –
- Saturday, February 15th – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
- Sunday, February 16th – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
- Saturday, February 22nd – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
- Sunday February 23rd – Doors 11am, Tapping 1pm
Tickets will be handed out on a first come first serve basis. Each glass of PtY sold at Falling Rock will raise $3 for Sense of Security.
- Finn’s Manor – Friday, February 21 – Tapping at 2pm – First come, first serve.
- Fire on the Mountain – Wednesday, February 26 – Tickets available at 11am, Tapping at 4pm
- Freshcraft – Tuesday, February 18 – Tapping at 6pm
- Goed Zuur – Thursday, February 20 – Tapping at 3pm – First come, first serve
- Hops & Pie – Wednesday, February 19 – Doors at 11:30am, Tapping at 1pm – First come, first serve
- Park & Co. – Monday, February 24 – Tapping at 5pm
- Tivoli Brewing Taphouse – Saturday, February 22 – Tapping at 11am
- Walter’s 303 Pizzeria & Publik House – Tuesday, February 18th – Tapping at 11am first come, first serve. Walter’s will also be tapping Blind Pig and Pliny the Elder during the event.
- Barrels & Bottles Brewery – Sunday, February 23 – Tickets released at 11am, Tapping at 1pm all tickets must be redeemed by 5pm.
- Parry’s Pizza – Greenwood Village – Saturday, February 22 – Doors 11am, Tapping 12:30pm
- Parry’s Pizzeria And Bar – Saturday, February 22 – Doors 11am, Tapping 12:30pm.
- Teller’s Taproom – Saturday, February 29 – Tapping TBA
- Lucky Pie Pizza – Saturday, February 29 – Tapping at 1pm
- Murphy’s Tap House – Wednesday, February 19, Tapping at 4pm – First come, first serve.
- Parry’s Pizza – Northglenn – Saturday, February 22 – Doors 11am, Tapping 12:30pm.
- Boathouse Cantina – TBA
- The Barley Tap and Tavern – Tuesday, February 25 at 5:30pm also tapping Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig
- Brunelleschi’s being renamed as Rock Creek Bar & Grill – Thursday, Feb 27th – Pre-sale TBD – Tapping at 4pm