Mr. B’s Wine & Spirits Celebrates 10 Years with Week Long Celebration
Our good friends at Mr. B’s Wine & Spirits, one of Denver’s best liquor stores for craft beer, wine, and spirits, is celebrating their 10 year anniversary with a week full of special releases, tastings, and discounts.
Over the years, Mr. B’s has developed a reputation for curating one of the better craft beer programs in the city, and they’re pulling out all the stops this week to mark this momentous occasion. Beginning Monday, September 16, through Sunday, September 22, they’ll randomly be placing rare beers that they’ve been cellaring, throughout their Downtown location, 2101 Market St Unit 112, for customers to discover and purchase. This list includes:
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co. 20th Anniversary Blend
- Fremont Brewing Brew 3000
- Fremont Brewing Brew 2000
- Fremont Brewing 2015 Bourbon Barrel Dark Star
- Fremont Brewing 2016 Bourbon Barrel Dark Star
- Fremont Brewing 2017 Bourbon Barrel Dark Star
- Fremont Brewing 2018 Coffee Bourbon Barrel Dark Star
- Fremont Brewing/Mr. B’s This Strange Passion
- Gueuzerie Tilquin Mure
- Tilquin Gueuze
- Brasserie Cantillon Kriek
- Cantillon St. Lamvinus
- Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen & lambik-O-droom Armand & Gaston Gueuze 1.5 Liter
- Drie Fonteinen Armand & Gaston Gueuze
- Drie Fonteinen Framboos
- Drie Fonteinen Schaarbeekse Kriek
- Jester King Brewery Spon Raspberry & Cherry
- Casey Brewing and Blending/Mr. B’s West Slope Connection Vol. 1–Oak Theory finished in whiskey barrels
- Casey/Mr. B’s West Slope Connection Vol. 2–Oak Theory finished in Pinot Noir Barrels with primitivo grapes
- Casey/Mr. B’s West Slope Connection Vol. 3–Oak Theory finished in Montanya Rum Barrels
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout ’18
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Vanilla ’18
- Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Barleywine ’18
- Goose Island Bourbon County Bramble Rye ’18
But the fun doesn’t stop there! In addition to the opportunity to purchase some rare beers, Mr. B’s Anniversary Week will also feature several chances to sample extremely rare whiskey, beer, and wine.
On Wednesday, September 18, join for Mr. B’s Rare Whiskey Tasting from 5:30-7pm. While the whiskey list hasn’t been explicitly listed, there are clear hints that fans of Pappy Van Winkle and Old Fitzgerald will likely not be disappointed.
On Thursday, September 19, Mr. B’s will showcase four collaboration beers they’ve brewed throughout the years in a tasting from 5-7pm which will include:
- Casey Brewing and Blending/Mr. B’s West Slope Connection vol. 2: Oak theory aged on primitivo grapes in freshly emptied pinot noir barrels.
- Fremont Brewing/Mr. B’s This Strange Passion: A blend of three barrel-aged beers. The first, Brew 3000 barley wine. The second, a Belgian-style quad aged in Scotch barrels. The third, the same Belgian-style quad fermented with Brettanomyces and aged in bourbon barrels. This portion of the blend was pasteurized to prevent fermentation in the bottle and the development of funky brett flavors.
- Black Project Spontaneous & Wild Ales/Mr. B’s Viper: A “Méthode Traditionnelle” blended beer dry-hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Hallertau Blanc. We had the pleasure of spending a day at the brewery to develop this blend with the guidance of the Black Project crew. It was a good day.
- Telluride Brewing Co./Marble Brewery /Mr. B’s Unit Monster: Justin and Scott went all the way down to Marble Brewing for the brew day of this imperial stout. It was then aged in WhistlePig Whiskey Rye barrels for 10 months with vanilla and Colorado cherries. It’s yum.
On Friday, September 20, join for Mr. B’s Wine Tasting which includes Hiyu Atavus II, 2001 Hospices de Beaune Grand Cru Corton, 2016 Frank Cornelisson Munjebel PA Rosso, and 1998 Chateau Musar from 5-7pm
And finally, on Saturday, September 21, the Mr. B’s team will cap things off with a “Super Duper Rare Beer Tasting” from 5-7pm. Beers have not been announced for this tasting, but we’re sure they’ll impress.
Finally, throughout the week, any time a customer spends $20 or more they’ll have the opportunity to enter their name in a rare whiskey raffle for the chance to purchase some truly incredible gems. The lot includes:
- Willet 10 Year Rye
- Heaven Hill 27 Year Bourbon
- Four Roses AI Young
- Pappy Van Winkle “Lot B” 12 Year
- Elijah Craig 18 Year
- Barrel 15 Year Bourbon
- Nikka Taketsuru 17 Year
- Parker’s Heritage Collection 11th Edition
- Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch 2017
Come out and celebrate 10 great years of serving Denver beer/whiskey/wine fans with the Mr. B’s team.