Black Friday Barrel-Aged (and Other) Beer Releases in Chicago
For beer fans, notably in the Chicago region, Black Friday means dark beer releases. The day, dominated by Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, offers numerous opportunities for beer fans to indulge in some of breweries’ finest creations. For those that love Bourbon County — big beer or not — it’s the day to stand in line or find a bar party, of which there are many. For those who have no interest, it’s a time to Uber-it-over to breweries and bars for an immense, diverse selection of barrel-aged, or sometimes big-hopped, beer. Forget shopping. It’s beer time! Happy Holidays!
Have an event we missed? Email us — we’ll update this through Thanksgiving. Check back for updates!
Around the Bend “Pretty Lights” Tapping at the Beer Shop in Oak Park
** Note from The Beer Shop, “We are tapping Around the Bend Pretty Lights for $7 a pint – a Cherry Vanilla Belgian Triple. Also on the draft menu, Port Brewing Santa’s Little Helper & 3 Floyds Alpha Klaus.
Beer Cellar (collab with Transient Artisan Ales) | Neckbard Nectar Release
Begyle Brewing | Batch 500 Barleywine
Black Horizon Brewing Black Friday Release (Two Beers)
Brickstone Brewery | Black Friday Dark Secret Bottle Release
Forbidden Root | Snoochie Boochies Hazy DIPA in Cans
Goose Island | Bourbon County Releases Events: See List Below The Picture
Note: Most of these are not prime locations to purchase Bourbon County. For that list, check Goose social media channels.
- ** 2014 ** Bourbon County Coffee Tapping: Brass Tap, Orland Park
- Black Friday Bourbon County Stout: Standard Market, Naperville:
- Keep Yours, Drink Ours! BCBS Black Friday Brunch: Warren Ale House, Wheaton
- Bourbon Country Stout Black Friday: Jake Melnick’s , Chicago
- Bourbon County Black Friday Tapping: Beerhead Bar & Eatery, Elmhurst
- Midway Airport, Go Go White Sox Bar: Midway Airport
- Black Friday: Deja Brew Bar & Grill, Oak Lawn
- BCBS Tap Takeover: Gillerson’s Grubbery
- BCBS Black Friday Release party: WhirleyBall
Miskatonic Brewing | Black Friday Grendel Reserve Release
Noon Whistle Brewing | Black Friday at NWBco
Old Irving Brewing | Krampus Cookies Bottle Release Party