What We’re Drinking | March 13, 2020
It’s Friday the 13th! You know what, we’re not going to mention that one thing that’s all over the news lately, and instead focus on something a little more positive. Positivity isn’t exactly my forte but here we are. Here are some things we can be happy about:
- Beer is still delicious.
- The PorchDrinking team’s been checking out some fantastic brews for you to consider this week.
- Person-to-person interaction is overrated anyway.
- Lots of good shit still on Netflix, Hulu or whatever streaming/cord-cutting service you prefer. Catch up on some of those classic movies you keep telling yourself you’ve been meaning to watch. You’ve never seen Raging Bull? Now’s your chance.
- That business trip you were supposed to go on wasn’t going to be fun anyway.
- We’re getting plenty of good practice in for the zombie apocalypse. Call it a trial run.
- Most breweries are still open; you don’t need to be around 200 people to have fun drinking.
- Beer tastes just as good from the comfort of your clean, virus-free couch.
After you read through this week’s What We’re Drinking, put down the phone, enjoy a bit of downtime, wash your hands, take a breath and enjoy a nice, quiet beer.
Backways | Threes Brewing
Star Jungle | Modern Times Beer
Haze Charmer | Tröegs Independent Brewing
Mai Tai IPA | Alvarado Street Brewery
Grim Harvest | Jester King Brewery
Primus Weizenbock | Live Oak Brewing Company
Mosaic Cloud Curtain | Mountains Walking Brewery