2016 Goose Island Proprietor’s Day: 2016 BCBS Release
If it’s Black Friday, it’s time for Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout (BCBS). However, Chicagoans are allowed an opportunity to get their hands BCBS a tad bit earlier; Proprietor’s Day arrives Sunday, November 20 and is Goose Island’s way of saying “thank you” to their hometown fans. But, if you find yourself in Chicago, don’t just show up at Goose Island’s front door – read on.
Fans who want to obtain an early taste of 2016 BCBS must enter a lottery.
Goose Island explains:
On Sunday, November 20, BCS fans can get in an early opportunity to purchase 2016 Bourbon County Stout Proprietor’s with a special “Proprietor’s Day” event for limited beer-lovers in advance of Black Friday. It is a Chicago-only bottle release created to show support for the local fans that have made the Bourbon County Stout release a celebration each year. Since demand will be high, entry is via lottery.
From October 18 through October 25, fans can enter the lottery once daily at the Goose Island Proprietors Day website – http://www.gooseisland.com/ProprietorsDay. And then on October 26, winners will be randomly selected and notified.
Winners will have a 24-hour window to claim up to two tickets to Proprietor’s Day
What does a 2016 BCBS Proprietor’s Day lottery winner get?
- The option to purchase a bottle of 2016 Bourbon County Proprietor’s and select vintage Bourbon County Stout releases.
- A limited Bourbon County Stout poster
- Maple syrup
- Commemorative snifter glass
- Six beer tokens for the tastings (two 2016 BCBS pours + four various Goose Island beers).
Bourbon Barrel Aging is to Chicago brewing as hoppy ales are to California and bready beers are to Munich. And, it all started at Goose Island. Since 1992, Bourbon County Stout variants have been aged in bourbon barrels at the Goose Island barrel warehouse in Chicago.
As most know, some of the 2015 BCBS batches were viewed by Goose Island and many of its fans to be infected, or just subpar, resulting in Goose Island providing numerous refunds. However, this is a new year and from talking to Goose staffers over the summer, no one seems remotely worried about a repeat. Despite a smattering of negative social media commentary, the vast majority of responses have largely been positive. Indeed, much enthusiasm exists. So, if you want an early taste, don’t forget to get your lottery ticket to Proprietor’s Day.
Proprietor’s Day Details
- When: Sunday, Nov. 20; 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tickets: Raffle opens October 18 and ends midnight on October 25; winners announced on October 26 and given 24 hours to claim tickets
- Where: Bottle Pickup at the Goose Island Tap Room (1800 W. Fulton St.); Event at Goose Island Barrel Warehouse (603 N. Sacramento Blvd.)
- Beer Featured: 2016 Bourbon County Stout Proprietor’s – aged in bourbon barrels that previously stored maple syrup, balancing the sweetness of cocoa nibs and smoky notes of chipotle peppers.
- Rules: The names on the ticket must match the names on the individual’s IDs – no exceptions. Attendees will only be granted to the sessions for which they registered and anyone who misses their scheduled sessions will not be permitted to later ones.
Submit a Comment